rede ex aequo

Olá Visitante23.jan.2020, 20:38:57

Autor Tópico: Don't speak Portuguese?... Here's Your Topic...  (Lida 41076 vezes)

For English Speakers

Fastio

• Visitante
You could be my youngest uncle. But ok. We're not related by blood. We're related by hearts, actually :D :)

For English Speakers

plan b

• Visitante
    A friend introduced me to this forum and I'd like to participate, but I really don't know any Portuguese.  Thought it would be cool to create a topic for english speakers.  I'm sure through this forum I'll learn some more Portuguese and will possibly be able to interact later on in the other topics.  Hope this is ok. 

Mutters
    But if you need someone to talk or clarify something, you can come to me. And to Arms_pt [my sweet uncle :)*]

lol lol lol

A note: I'm not really her uncle (I'm not that old). I just like her very, very much and started calling her my niece(!?)... :P  lol lol lol

Well, probably I'll be uncle soon and I'm 19 y.o. ;)

For English Speakers

mutters

• Visitante
      A friend introduced me to this forum and I'd like to participate, but I really don't know any Portuguese.  Thought it would be cool to create a topic for english speakers.  I'm sure through this forum I'll learn some more Portuguese and will possibly be able to interact later on in the other topics.  Hope this is ok. 

Mutters
      But if you need someone to talk or clarify something, you can come to me. And to Arms_pt [my sweet uncle :)*]

lol lol lol

A note: I'm not really her uncle (I'm not that old). I just like her very, very much and started calling her my niece(!?)... :P  lol lol lol

awwww that's a very sweet thing to say.  Yes, everybody seems to be quite friendly here.  

My friend is helping me out with some of the Portuguese parts of the site.  I know words like "diz" "hoje" "enviar" and "citar"  lol

For English Speakers

Offline centro_da_gravidad

• Membro Ultra
        • Banido
        • Género: Masculino
        • Maçã Gravitacional!
          • Alforreca Empalhada
        My friend is helping me out with some of the Portuguese parts of the site.  I know words like "diz" "hoje" "enviar" and "citar"  lol

You can make a [strange] sentence with those words!  lol :P

[Oh God my english sucks...]
          Ninguém consegue escapar ao efeito da gravidade!
          Se a gravidade fosse um estado de alma eu era uma maçã!
          Novo centro gravitacional - O meu umbigo!

For English Speakers

mutters

• Visitante
          Do you all like mainly Portuguese music or other music too?  My favorite band is Muse.  They are a band from England and the lead singer, Matt Bellamy is awesome. 

I had tickets to 3 of their shows while in Pennsylvania, but 2 of them were canceled because the other band, My Chemical Romance, got food poisoning and I gave away my tickets to the 3rd show because I ended up going to Germany. 

For English Speakers

Offline mmike

• Membro Sénior
              • Neo-Relapsias
            I think Muse are quite well known in Portugal. They've been there a number of times already. Portugal is a country where many people like "alternative" music. Many alternative bands get surprised with the (warm) reception they get from fans there. Many people like music sang in portuguese as well, but even portuguese bands often sing in english...
            Ah, and good news. Movies are subtitled, not dubbed (movie titles are translated to portuguese though...). Animations are often dubbed, because of kids, but you can always find the original version somewhere.
              What's this? What's this?
              There's color everywhere!
              http://www.relapsias.blogspot.com

For English Speakers

mutters

• Visitante
              I like a lot of classical music too.  Beethoven and Mozart are my favorites.  Although I like Brahms, Liszt, and Wagner a great deal also.

For English Speakers

What is in a name?

• Visitante
                Well, I'm very pleased to see some people from other countries participating here at the Forum. As you all will soon find out, people around here are very friendly and always ready to help. I was born here in Portugal, but my mother is from Bermuda, so I somewhat feel like I have two homelands. As for music, Mutters, I'm also fond of classical music, and opera has the power to hipnotize me. Whenever I listen to a deep, powerful, intense voice, it's like I could rescue a part of the innocence I feel I lost over the years. Curiously enough (or maybe not, since intensity is the quality I appreciate the most in music and in arts, generally speaking), I also love metal, and all sorts of mixes between it and other genres, like classical music itself or even folk music. On the other hand, I like indie rock and pop a lot, and even some "commercial" stuff. If someone here needs help, I'm always available. Just contact me.

For English Speakers

Offline SapientiaeOpium

• Membro Sénior
                  • Nosce te ipsum...
                  From Portugal here. It's nice to know we have foreigners here. How did you discover this site? How will you understand the main of it?
                  I've to say I like the expression you have «meu nome é mutters mas não sou uma mãe». Kind of funny, really. Mutters would easier «from mother» instead of «mother(s)» but I don't understand what you really want with that nickname. Would you please share?
                  Anyways, pretty welcome!

Well like I said, a friend in here told me about this forum. 

As for the name Mutters.....I'm a big fan of South Park and in that show there is a character named Butters.  Anyway, my first name is Matt and I think Butters is hilarious...soooo.....I took the first letter of my first name and took the ending of Butters name and combined it to make Mutters.  Phew that was confusing.  lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sorry not to answer earlier. Nice nickgame you have there. Kind of you to explain.
                  By the way, great music you shared. Add them Bach and it would be perfect to me.
                  Take care.
                    Não há necessidade de grelhas, o inferno são os outros!

Jean-Paul Sartre

For English Speakers

mutters

• Visitante
                    My favorite Brahm's piece is his Brandenburg Concerto #5.  It's amazing.

Don't speak Portuguese?... Here's Your Topic...

Offline Arms

• Membro Vintage
                        • Reflection
                      Actually I have question, mutters. It's just something that popped into my mind. Being born in another country, I found big differences between my homeland and Portugal.

I'd like to know what are the biggest differences you find in between USA and Germany... You know, those things I never noticed back home but make the difference where you are now... :)
                        Se dependes unicamente dos outros para seres feliz prepara-te para ficares desiludido.
                        Instead of telling people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

For English Speakers

mutters

• Visitante
                        Actually I have question, mutters. It's just something that popped into my mind. Being born in another country, I found big differences between my homeland and Portugal.

I'd like to know what are the biggest differences you find in between USA and Germany... You know, those things I never noticed back home but make the difference where you are now... :)

Good question.  The hardest thing about being in Germany is that I can't buy an iPhone until I get back to America.

Overall things are a lot more convenient in America.  The traffic signs, phones, driving, and power outlets are all kind of messed up....in my eyes.  It's a nice country though and I'm sure I will miss parts of it when I leave.

For English Speakers

Haller

• Visitante

Overall things are a lot more convenient in America.  The traffic signs, phones, driving, and power outlets are all kind of messed up....in my eyes. 

Why do you say that? Messed up in which sense?

For English Speakers

mutters

• Visitante

Overall things are a lot more convenient in America.  The traffic signs, phones, driving, and power outlets are all kind of messed up....in my eyes. 

Why do you say that? Messed up in which sense?

Oh not messed up in a bad way.  It's just not what I'm used to that's all.  Have to get adjusted to the differences for sure. 

Firefox

• Visitante
                              Wellcome to portugal! ;) ;) bisous Fox :-* ;D

mutters

• Visitante

Thanks!  I'm not actually in Portugal, but it seems like a very nice country to visit and/or live.  Especially some of the islands.

Offline Arms

• Membro Vintage
                                    • Reflection

Thanks!  I'm not actually in Portugal, but it seems like a very nice country to visit and/or live.  Especially some of the islands.

Actually the whole country has a large variety of landscapes. And, in some places, you can actually feel a bit of that medieval touch, with cities built around and inside castles. Portugal has so many wonders you can hardly believe it's a small country. But, as they say, size doesn't matter! ;)
                                    Se dependes unicamente dos outros para seres feliz prepara-te para ficares desiludido.
                                    Instead of telling people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

mutters

• Visitante

Actually the whole country has a large variety of landscapes. And, in some places, you can actually feel a bit of that medieval touch, with cities built around and inside castles. Portugal has so many wonders you can hardly believe it's a small country. But, as they say, size doesn't matter! ;)

So far the nicest country I have been to is Switzerland.  I will be going there at least two more times before I leave Germany later this year.  Of course I haven't been to Portugal so I can't judge it.  I've seen many pictures of parts of it and it looks wonderful.

Indya

• Visitante

Com tanta lingua Inglesa falada nos ultimos tempos,um dia destes deixo de falar Português  :P

mutters

• Visitante

Com tanta lingua Inglesa falada nos ultimos tempos,um dia destes deixo de falar Português  :P

Not sure what you just said.  Is that Portuguese?  What does it mean?

Tópicos relacionados

Assunto / Iniciado por Respostas Última mensagem
                                          1145 Respostas
                                          131540 Visualizações
                                          Última mensagem 27 de Agosto de 2015
                                          por Odra
                                          1568 Respostas
                                          165680 Visualizações
                                          Última mensagem 26 de Junho de 2014
                                          por miss_g
                                          37 Respostas
                                          4278 Visualizações
                                          Última mensagem 25 de Julho de 2014
                                          por WildSushi
                                          6 Respostas
                                          572 Visualizações
                                          Última mensagem 3 de Fevereiro de 2019
                                          por Donald
                                          0 Respostas
                                          399 Visualizações
                                          Última mensagem 18 de Janeiro de 2018
                                          por Inês Aidos